Fiction’s Big-Picture Fundamentals
“This course single-handedly developed my writing ability and technique more than anything else I have done in recent years.”Chris Woodland, Student, Fiction’s Big-Picture Fundamentals
This 5-week “learn by doing” course, Fiction’s Big-Picture Fundamentals: Create Stories that Work, takes you on a direct route from idea to finished draft.
This course is for you if:
- You want to understand how to create a story or novel that works before you invest hundreds of hours in writing, scrapping, and rewriting;
- You’re ready to write with more confidence and less wheel-spinning;
- You have a project in mind.
Next course runs October 7 to November 5, 2022
8 self-paced video modules with writing exercises
3 Zoom Q&A / Co-working Sessions led by Pat
Maximum 12 participants
Get 30% off the full price if you register by Sep. 30
For more details or to register, click the button below.
Developmental Editing for Fiction
Pat is an amazingly skilled teacher, and I’m so grateful she shared her process for completing a developmental edit. I’d taken DE classes before but never really figured out a method for working with a client on a DE. I felt like Pat was letting us look over her shoulder as she worked—that was the perfect approach.Toni Weeks, Pismo, California
This is hands-on training in the art and craft of developmental editing for book-length fiction. We will cover how and why writers work with developmental editors and how a writer’s publishing goals will influence the type of editorial feedback they seek. Then, step-by-step, we will do a developmental edit of an unpublished novella manuscript.
This course is for you if you are:
- An avid and discerning fiction reader who wants to turn your passion for novels into a rewarding income stream
- A writer who wants an inside look at how developmental editors assess your manuscript’s strengths and weaknesses
- An editor working in other fields (trade nonfiction, academic, corporate, or institutional) who loves fiction and wants to learn more about it so you can expand your offerings
- A copyeditor or proofreader who wants to add big-picture developmental editing to your toolkit
Offered through Editorial Arts Academy
6 weeks via Zoom
Each class is recorded and comes with a workbook that you can access forever
Includes feedback from Pat on your editorial letters and manuscript markup
Maximum 12 participants